Issue Cafes in November
Events coordinated by OTOC, the Institute for Public Leadership, and the Urban Abbey.
10% of every coffee bar purchase in November goes to OTOC and our partners at Nebraska Appleseed!
The Puzzle of Emergency Mental Health Services. Who do you call when you need them?
- Tuesday, November 5, 6:45 to 8 pm at Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St
A panel of speakers will talk about emergency mental health services currently available in the Omaha Metro area and new ones being planned. Speakers will include Douglas County Commissioner Mary Ann Borgeson; Region 6 Administrator: Patty Jurjevich; Director of Criminal Justice/BH initiatives: Vicki Maca; Omaha Police Department Mental Health Coordinator: Lindsay Kroll LIMHP; NAMI Omaha President: Gary Hering: and, Nebraska Medicine Director of Behavioral Health: Dr. David Cates.
Housing Issue Cafe
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 6:45 to 8 pm at Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St
Immigration and Environment Sectionality with Nebraska Appleseeed
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 6:45 to 8 pm at Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St
Join Nebraska Appleseed and Omaha Together One Community to hear from Dr. Richard Miller of Creighton University and Schuyler Geery-Zink of Nebraska Appleseed to explore the intersection of immigration and climate change.
Payday Lending Ballot Initiative: What you need to know and how you can Help with Nebraska Appleseed
- Tuesday, Nov. 26, 6:45 to 8 pm at Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St
Monday, November 11th, 7-8:30 PM, First United Methodist Church Room 112, 7020 Cass St.
Join OTOC Leaders to get caught up on what’s happening with OTOC and take next steps from the October Training and preparation for the new organizer
OTOC Action Team Meetings
- November 5- Environmental Sustainability Action Team
- 6 pm at First United Methodist Church, 7020 Cass St.
- November 25- Immigration and Refugee Action Team
- 6 pm at Augustana Lutheran Church, 3647 Lafayette Ave.
- December 3- Housing Coalition Meeting
- 4 pm at Augustana Lutheran Church, 3647 Lafayette Ave.
- January – Mental Health Action Team
- Meeting time and place coming soon!