OTOC will hold an accountability session with candidates for the OPPD Board from Sub District 5 which represents Central and Northwest Omaha. OPPD is an essential part of our community and the decisions of the Board have an impact on virtually every household in our region. Come to find out more about OPPD, the issues facing our utility and the candidates, one of whom will make key decisions for the next 6 years.
Join OTOC on Monday, April 18 at 7:00 p.m. at St. Leo Catholic Church (102nd & Blondo) in the Fireside Room.
- why each candidate is running;
- how they would balance their responsibility to OPPD management, the public they are elected to represent and to all OPPD rate payers;
- how OPPD could continue to reduce their emission of green house gasses to help reduce climate change;
- what each candidate thinks of the OPPD Board’s recent decision to increase the fixed monthly service charge from $10.25 to $30 per month;
- how they would approach the financial challenges facing OPPD and electric utilities today;
- and other topics related to OPPD’s impact on our environment and community. All six candidates have been invited to participate and most have committed to attend.