Over 225 OTOC and community leaders from 25 congregations and community organizations met with 7 candidates for the Nebraska Unicameral on Monday, October 22. OTOC leaders told compelling stories about five issues which they are working on through OTOC Action Teams. They asked candidates for specific commitments on:
- Adopting a state law requiring rental property registration & inspection if the City of Omaha is unable to adopt adequate protections;
- Fully funding the state portion of expanded Medicaid when Initiative 427 passes;
- Improving mental health care in our state prisons and in the community;
- Adopt state strategies to battle climate change;
- Continue reforming Payday lending.
Click for a copy of the questions OTOC leaders asked: Final Questions for October 22 Session with Unicameral candidates
Twenty different OTOC and community leaders told stories, asked questions or served as chairs OTOC Agenda with speakers for Oct 22 2018
Channel 3 KMTV and Fox 42 ran short stories about the accountability session.