Zoom is online meeting software we can use to help stay connected. When the time comes, click the link above. This works on a computer, tablet, iPad, or smart phone.
For each Zoom meeting, click the link provided when it is time for the meeting. This is what that looks like:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 787 401 155
You should not need the meeting ID or Password. Once you click on the link, it will ask if Zoom can run on your computer. Click yes, and the Zoom meeting window should open.
There is also a call-in option if you are unable to try the online video. Video is recommended if your computer or device has a webcam or camera, but if you don’t you can use the call in numbers. This is what that looks like:
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 787 401 155
You do not need to be signed up with Zoom to join meetings. If you would like a Zoom account, you can set that up here and click the “Sign up, it’s free” button. But again, you do not have to create an account. As long as you have the link for a particular meeting, you can get in.
Basic Instructions by device:
- You can join the call using your computer, smartphone, or landline.
- With your computer, allow Zoom to download and run as an application on your computer.
- With your smartphone, install the “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” app. If you don’t want to use the app, call in as with a landline
- You will have the option to check your audio and/or video before you join the call
- You do not need to create an account with Zoom to access the call
- Click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” link found in your email invite and connect directly
- OR open the Zoom website ( https://zoom.us/join) or Zoom app. Use the Meeting ID (and password if required) to access the meeting
- Follow prompts to allow the program to access your microphone and/or camera
- Dial the phone number listed in your email invite. There may be several possible numbers listed. Choose the closest geographic location (Chicago) if you have multiple options.
- The call will prompt you to enter the Meeting ID followed by # sign. Then you will be asked to input your participant ID if you have one, just hit # sign again.
- Once you’ve joined the call, there are several settings you can adjust when using your smartphone app or computer
- On a phone, mute or unmute your phone by pressing *6. It’s recommended to keep your phone muted when you’re not talking to minimize background noise.
More resources and information:
On whatever devise you are using just click on the link and follow the prompts, that’s the easiest way.
Ask Greta for any help. We can all learn together! firstname.lastname@example.org