February Issue Cafes
All events at the Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St. Parking available across the street for $2
10% of coffee bar sales go to OTOC in February!
Issue Cafe: Healthy Housing
Tuesday, February 4, 6:45-8PM
OTOC’s Housing Coalition talks about progress and challenges Omahans to action.
Issue Cafe: Payday Lending
Tuesday, February 11, 6:45-8PM
Learn about and get involved in the state referendum to limit predatory payday lending.
Issue Cafe: What’s Happening in the Unicameral
Tuesday, February 18, 6:45-8PM
Hear from Jo Giles of the Coalition for a Strong Nebraska about what bills are getting some attention in this year’s Unicameral session, specifically on topics around environmental sustainability, mental health, and more.
Issue Cafe: Mental Health
Tuesday, February 25, 6:45-8PM
Join the Mental Health Action Team for a panel exploring solutions to keeping people with mental illness out of the Criminal Justice system.
OTOC Celebrating Community Fundraiser
Saturday, March 28
Omaha Design Center, 1502 Cumig St.
Event includes Silent Auction, Cash Bar, Appetizers, and Live Music!
Tickets, $25 at your congregation, or call the OTOC office at 402-344-4401
OTOC Action Team Meetings
- January 21- Housing Coalition
- 2 pm at Augustana Lutheran, 3647 Lafayette
- January 27- Immigration and Refugee Action Team
- 6 pm at Augustana Lutheran Church, 3647 Lafayette Ave.
- January 28- Housing Coalition
- 6:30 pm at Augustana Lutheran, 3647 Lafayette
- February 4- Environmental Sustainability Action Team
- 6 pm at First United Methodist Church, 7020 Cass St.
- February 6- Payday Lending Action Team
- 7 pm at First United Methodist Church Rm 108, 7020 Cass St.