OTOC leaders are meeting with Omaha-area Unicameral senators. In October, we hosted a Candidate Accountability Session for candidates from districts 6, 8, 12, and 20. (Click here to learn more). Those candidates committed to meeting with OTOC leaders to follow up on their commitment to action.
Leaders are now following up with the victors from those districts, plus other area senators about priorities in the upcoming session.
Senators meeting with OTOC:
District 3- Carol Blood
District 6- Machaela Cavanaugh
District 7- Tony Vargas
District 8- Megan Hunt
District 9- Sara Howard
District 12- Steve Lathrop
District 13- Justin Wayne
District 20- John McCollister
District 45- Sue Crawford
OTOC’s Unicameral Priorities in 2019:
- Affordable Housing, including proactive inspection policies
- Enforcing LB 194 on payday lending
- Improving conservation to protect the environment
- Supporting increased mental healthcare and protecting mental health parity
- Supporting the implementation of Medicaid expansion and fair allocation of funds.